“Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days of auld lang syne?”
An “auld lang syne” is a noun. It means “times long past”. And I can truly say it’s been an “auld lang syne” since I’ve been out on the town on New Year’s Eve. I may be the Downtown Manager of a place with an incredible nightlife – but I’m also a mom of two young children – and finding a babysitter on New Year’s Eve is as likely as finding the Golden Ticket in a Wonka Bar. Few and far between. But since this is my very first blog, I thought I’d live vicariously through it.
Here are my top 4 choices for ringing in the New Year – SouthSide Style:
• PEEPSFest: Our town has many traditions at Christmas Time, the Tree lighting at City Hall on Black Friday, The Live Advent Calendar on Main Street, Christkindlmarkt at ArtsQuest and then ringing in the New Year…with a giant yellow marshmallow PEEPS Chick. The absolute perfect celebration for a family friendly New Years. PEEPSFest is a two-day festival filled with free activities, music, and of course the PEEPS Chick Drop – a 400-pound lit PEEPS Chick descending into the New Year at 5:15pm on December 31st. The perfect time to celebrate with your little ones, and get them to bed on time!
For more info visit: https://www.steelstacks.org/festivals/peepsfest/?fbclid=IwAR2W6Ql6yf-qriS0uoIZyHzzRTPcLua1XL0uWkuIK270YSfBlE0_T0eAg1U
• High Roller: I can’t think of a more glamourous Vegas like New Year Eves in your own backyard than putting on your best and hitting up the slots, dining and nightlife of Wind Creek Bethlehem. You could hit it big playing the slots, enjoy a drink and a band at Molten Lounge, grab dinner at one of Emeril’s amazing restaurants – Chop House or Fish House or Buddy V’s and then peruse into VISION Night Club for one of the best New Year’s Eve Parties the Valley has ever seen! Hit it big, eat well and party hard!
For more info visit:https://vision.windcreekeventcenter.com/events/2020-nye-night/
• Homegrown Bar Crawl: There’s one thing the SouthSide does better than Art – food & drink. We are the home of the most unique and delicious craft brews, distilled spirits, and artisan dishes in the Valley, hands down. Grab dinner & a tasty bevy at any of the following restaurants and bars and you’ll thank me on this Homegrown Bar Crawl!
Start on Third to Fourth Street:
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille: http://www.southside313.com
- Bonn Place Brewing Company: https://www.bonnbrewing.com
- The Colony Meadery: http://www.colonymeadery.com
- Hill to Hill Grille at The Comfort Suites: https://www.comfortsuitesbethlehem.com/en-us
- Revel Social: https://www.facebook.com/RevelSociallounge/
- Tally Ho: https://tallyho610.com
- Sotto Santi: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SottoSantiPub/about/?ref=page_internal
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub: http://www.mollysbethlehem.com
• Swanky Traveling Dinner: There are Four SouthSidian restaurants I classify as “Swanky” – Social Still, Molinari’s, The Bookstore Speakeasy, and ZEST. The girlie girl in me loves a night on the town, wearing my best dress, heels and traveling from place to place. First for an app and a drink, next for dinner and another drink, and finally dessert and coffee. I highly recommend getting dolled up and taking a stroll – but be sure to make a reservation. Social Still is closed on New Year’s Eve – so I recommend the following order – call and make reservations TODAY:
- The Bookstore Speakeasy for Apps & a Drink
- Molinari’s for Dinner
- And end your night at ZEST and get a front row seat to the fireworks!
For more information on each of these establishments visit:
Social Still: http://www.socialstill.com
The Bookstore Speakeasy: http://www.bookstorespeakeasy.com
And that’s it – that’s my New Year’s Eve wish list, so live it up my childless friends. And if you are stuck at home like me watching Ryan Seacrest, enjoying a bevy on the couch and feeling older than dirt seeing all the 20 somethings partying on TV, know you’re not alone. I’m with you my brothers and sisters. I’m with you.