- This event has passed.
First Friday August – Welcome Musikfest & ART WARS to the SouthSide
August 2 @ 4:00 pm - 11:59 pm
First Friday August Welcomes Musikfest & ART WARS to the SouthSide
Bethlehem, PA (August 2, 2019) – This First Friday August we kick off Musikfest 2019! Dust off your Mug and fill it up at Bonn Place Brewing, The Funhouse or SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille. In addition, Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub will welcome ART WARS – a live, round-robin artist tournament where 4 to 8 artists compete creating amazing pieces before your eyes! Saunter down Third or Fourth on your way to the Steel Stage and stop in at our merchants and restaurants along the way for hot specials, live music performances and deals to celebrate the start of Musikfest:
First Friday August Music Schedule:
5pm-6:30pm – EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – Live Music from Timoteo Blues Implosion
6pm–8pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Streets) – Live Music from rock musician Brian Kibler
6pm – 9pm – Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. 3rd Street) – Musical guests “Sonanto” (Yancarlos Sanchez with Peter Fritz) performing Hawaiian-style gypsy jazz music
9pm – 12am – SouthSide 313 – (313 E. 3rd St ) – Live music from Jon Fadam & Gonzo Project – an evening with the Grateful Dead
10pm – 1:30am – The Funhouse – (5 E. 4th St) – Live Performance from Reggae Hipsters Trouble City All-Stars
First Friday August Art Scene:
- Steel Stacks Campus – (101 Founders Way) – Visit the ArtsQuest Glass Studio Tent at Americaplatz on the SouthSide by the Flywheel to participate in Hot Glass Experiences, create a flame-worked pendant, watch live artist demos and find unique handmade glass items for purchase from local artists. Open 4pm – 10pm
- Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – “Visual Transformations”; a way to see and interpret materials and techniques that were formerly something else, by fiber artist Barbara Schulman. An opening reception for the artist will be held from 6-9pm, featuring musical guests “Sonanto” (Yancarlos Sanchez with Peter Fritz) performing Hawaiian-style gypsy jazz music.
First Friday August Deals:
- A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Buy more Save more at A-List Salon! Save up to 25% on all your haircare and styling products! Enjoy a full Highlight, or Balayage Service and receive a free Travel bag and take-home treatment
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fill up your Musikfest Mug here!
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. 3rd Street) – We will be open for first Friday in August. We’ll do a 20% off all our summer bisque.
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. 4th Street) – Free Bracelet with ANY PURCHASE!
- EZ Money – (20 W. 4th Street) – 5pm – 6pm Free Refreshments & 15 % off Laptops for Back to School!
- Molinari’s – (322 E. 3rd St. ) – Aperitivo happy hour menu from 4pm-6pm
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – ART WARS IS HAPPENING TONIGHT!
Art Wars are live, public events, held in different cities throughout the United States. The goal is to provide an entertainment experience by getting the artist out of the studio and sharing their creative workflow with an audience.
Sixteen “Art Warriors” are chosen by public voting at an open-call “Throw Down”. Art Wars is a round-robin type of tournament where 4 to 8 artists compete at each battle. Two to four artists with the most votes from each round move on to the next. The 16 artists are narrowed down to eight, to four, and eventually to one winner.
Happy HOURS! Join us from 5pm – 7pm for FREE Appetizers at the Bar, $4 Irish Drafts, Music from Brian Kibler, and stay for DJ Chubby from 10pm – 2am.
- Social Still – (530 E. 3rd Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm.
First Friday August Special Thanks:
Special thank you to our First Friday August sponsors ArtsQuest, The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, Lehigh University & Voices of the Valley.
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street.