- This event has passed.
First Friday December – Christmas has arrived!
December 6, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - December 7, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
This First Friday December, we welcome the 20th season of Touchstone Theatre’s Christmas City Follies, Touchstone’s classic holiday vaudeville! Show starts are 8pm, get your tickets today by calling 610-867-1689! Grab dinner beforehand at Molly’s Irish Grille and Sports Pub or Social Still for their First Friday Specials or take a stroll downtown and take in the sounds of the Voices of the Valley Concert Series! Tonight, we welcome back Billy Bauer & Chris Lorenzetti at 9pm at SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille, located at 313 E 3rd Street and Zen for Primates at 8pm at Godfrey Daniels, at 7th E 4th Street and much more! Or do a little Christmas shopping at Domaci, located at 21 E. 3rd Street or gather your friends for your own Paint & Sip at (BYOB) Color Me Mine, at 25 E. 3rd Street and get a head start on adding a custom Christmas décor to your home!
Then, hit up your favorite SouthSide eateries, bars, and shops for our FIRST FRIDAY DECEMBER SCAVENGER HUNT. Maps can be picked up starting at 11am at the SouthSide Arts District main office located at 324 S. New Street. Turn in your completed hunt by 9pm and be entered to win a $100 gift card!
While on the hunt enjoy our evening specials and art exhibit openings – at Banana Factory and Fox Optical!
Happy First Friday and get in the Christmas Spirit!
Pick up your map at the SouthSide Arts District’s main office located at 324 S. New Street starting at 11am. Visit ANY FIVE locations, and get your map stamped at each place. Turn in your map to the Main Office by 9pm for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
- A-List Salon Spa – (128 W. 4th St) – Complimentary Travel Size Shampoo & Conditioner with the purchase of any regular Service! Get on the list! A-List Salon!
- Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Complete the free arts & crafts activity for all ages. When you arrive, ask the front desk where the arts & crafts room is located. Once there complete the craft and then have your instructor mark your map as complete! Time of activity is from 6pm – 9pm.
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor St) – Ask the bartender for your free Bonn Place sticker or button! Participants must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE! Once collected, have the bartender mark your map!
- Café the Lodge – (427 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Cup of our Homemade Soup of the day!! In house only, and while supplies last! Show your server your map to claim your prize. Don’t forget to have it stamped!
- CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, learn about the benefits of CBD Oil, try free samples & enjoy free drinks at CBD American Shaman!
- The Colony Meadery – (211 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Sticker – No Purchase Necessary! And 1 Complimentary Glass with any $10 Purchase!! Give your map to your server to have it marked appropriately! Must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE!
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. 3rd St) – FREE Studio Session Card!
- Cutters Bike Shop – (418 E. 3rd St) – All day from 11am – 7pm!! Stop in to schedule your fall tune-up and take $10 off the regular tune-up price of $70!
- Danielle’s Cafeteria – (738 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Corn Muffin, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! Or a Free Small Side with any full meal purchase! Show your map to your server to claim your prize.
- Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or beer! Show your map to Derrick, Warren or Meagan to have it marked appropriately!
- Edible Arrangements – (11 E. 3rd St) – Pick up your free sample tasting of chocolate dipped strawberries, banana bites or apple! Make sure to have your map stamped before you go!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Bracelet, NO PURCHASE NECCESSARY! Be sure to show Carolyn or Benney your map to have it marked for Eva’s Bargain!
- EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – 1 Free DVD!!! Present your map to the cashier to claim your prize and have your map signed!
- Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – Stop in between 7pm – 7:30pm for a BOGO Coupon! Present your map to the server behind the front of the house bar to claim your prize, and have your map marked!
- Lara Bly Designs – (321 S. New St) – Claim your FREE 15% Discount on any purchase that First Friday Evening!
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E. 3rd St) – Claim your FREE Fuzzy Pen in our Corpora Art Gallery from 6pm – 8pm!
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – FREE Appetizers at the Bar from 5pm – 7pm, show your map to the bartender to have it signed!
- Roasted – (22 W. 4th St) – Claim your FREE Roasted Coupon! Open until 2pm!
- Social Still – (530 E. 3rd Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm. Must be 21 to claim this prize!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Pint Glass with a purchase of a beer!! Must be 21 to claim this prize, while supplies last! Present your map to your server to claim your prize, and don’t forget to have it stamped!
- SouthSide Lofts – (435 Hayes St) – Free Tote Bag from 11am – 9pm!
- Zest bar+grille – (The Rooftop at 306 S. New St) – Claim your complimentary fall cocktail sample at the bar!! Must be 21 to claim your prize, while supplies last and don’t forget to get your map stamped!
First Friday December Music Schedule:
5pm-6:30pm – EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – Live Music from James Whiteman
5:30pm – 7pm – Hill to Hill Grille at the Comfort Suites – (120 W. 3rd St) – Performance from Acoustic Blues Project
5:30pm – 7:30pm – Revel Social – (213 Broadway) – Live Music from Mark Hannig
6pm–8pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Streets) – Live Music from rock musician Brian Kibler
6:15pm – 7:15pm – Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Performance from Michael Reisman
7pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Matt Dellecker
7:30pm – Wind Creek Bethlehem / Molten Lounge – (77 Wind Creek Boulevard) – Performance from Liquid A with DJ MC Tom Taylor
8pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – Performance from Folk Musicians Zen For Primates
9pm – 12am – SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Billy Bauer & Chris Lorenzetti
10pm – 2am – The Funhouse – (5 E 4th St) – Dark Matters
First Friday December Art Scene:
Banana Factory – (25 W 3rd St) –
- Hot Glass Demonstration – Hot Glass Studio, 7-9 p.m.
- FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt – Visual Arts Classroom, 6-8 p.m.
Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Caroling with Lehigh Valley Gay Men’s Chorus, 6-9 p.m.
- Pop-Up Makers Holiday Market & FREE Kids Craft with Teaching Artist Katrina Heebner – Banko Gallery, 6-9 p.m.
- Wine’d Down Workshop: Brush Lettered Ornaments with Lauren Beck – Visual Arts Classroom, 6:30-9 p.m.
- ArtSmart Fall Student Exhibition – Studio 102, 6-9 p.m.
- Live Music with Lehigh Valley Underground, Michael Reisman of Acoustic Mayhem – Crayola Gallery, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- 9th Annual InVision Juried Photo-Based Art Exhibition, Crayola Gallery
- InVision College Competition, Hallway to the Arts
- The Morning Call Scholastic Digital Photography Contest, 1st Floor Lobby
- James M Collins: Patio Life, Banko Gallery
- Mary Ellen Matthews: Live From New York! SNL Portraits, Alvin H. Butz Gallery
- Featured Resident Artists from the Banana Factory Arts Center:
Doug Boehm, Studio 248A and Katie Hovencamp, Studio 254
- Pop-Up Makers Holiday Market Vendors:
Bethlehem Public Library
Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – 12/06/2019 – early 2020. “Eye Eye Eye”. Textiles and other pieces by Ted Hallman. A reception for the artist will be held on First Friday 12/06/2019 from 6-9 pm. Jazz pianist Alex Kauffman will perform.
First Friday December Deals:
A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Buy more Save more at A-List Salon! Save up to 25% on all your hair care and styling products! Enjoy a full Highlight, or Balayage Service and receive a free Travel bag and take-home treatment
Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fill up your Musikfest Mug here!
Café the Lodge – (427 E 4th St) – All Burgers $7.45, including specialty burgers!! In house only, while supplies last!
CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, learn about the benefits of CBD Oil, try free samples & enjoy free drinks at CBD American Shaman
Color Me Me – (25 E. 3rd St) – Enjoy 20% off our Christmas Bisque!! One day only! And remember – we’re a BYOB! Come to Sip & Paint!
Domaci – (21 E 3rd St) – Join us for the launch of our Christmas City Shoppe, featuring our 2019 collection of holiday décor! Enjoy shopping, live music, complimentary refreshments and more!
Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – Happy HOURS! Join us from 5pm – 7pm for FREE Appetizers at the Bar, $4 Irish Drafts, Music from Brian Kibler, and stay for DJ Chubby from 10pm – 2am.
Revel Social – (217 Broadway) – Happy First Friday Happy Hour from 5:30pm – 7:30pm including – Appetizers: $5 House Made Meatballs, Spinach Dip Artichoke, Pork Pinchos, Teriyaki Buffalo Chicken wings, or Quesadilla or $2 Tacos. Cocktail and Bar Specials: Mojitos $5, Margaritas $5, Caipirinha $5, Sangria, glass $5, Sangria, Pitcher $18, Svedka Martini $5, Classic Cocktails $5, All Draft Beer $2 off
SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E 3rd St) – First Friday Happy Hour Drink Specials from 3pm – 6pm, ½ Price Small Plates, $4 Craft Drafts, $3 Domestic Drafts, $4 House Wines, $6 Premium Wines, $6 Feature Cocktails, Live Music from 9pm – 12pm.
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor ArtsQuest, The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, Lehigh University & Voices of the Valley.
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street!