- This event has passed.
First Friday – December with SNOW CAMEL!
Holiday Filled First Friday with the famous SNOW CAMEL
Bethlehem, PA (December 7, 2018) – Join us for a night of Holiday fun and frolic in the SouthSide Arts District. The evening will include a Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Tranquility Park, a meet and greet with Einstein the Snow Camel at Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub, Holiday Shopping Specials, Live Music from The Groove Merchants, Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts Students and Lehigh Valley Gay Man’s Chorus and more from Lehigh Valley Underground! Mark your calendars – you do not want to miss this!
4 pm – 7 pm
Community Action Development’s annual Holiday in the Park Celebration
Light up Tranquility Park, 727 East 4th Street (between Buchanan & Monroe Streets) with Mayor Donchez and sing along with students from Lynfield Community Center at our annual tree lighting celebration starting at 4 pm.
Enjoy cocoa, cookies, and crafts by the Banana Factory at the Bethlehem Area Public Library – Southside Branch, 400 Webster Street from 5 pm to 7 pm. The library is only open for the event.
5pm – 7pm
Meet & Greet with Einstein the SNOW CAMEL at Molly’s
Meet the Hero of the November Snow Storm, Einstein the Snow Camel at Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub located at Fourth & New Streets from 5 pm – 7 pm. Snap a photo with Einstein for a small donation to The Peaceable Kingdom Petting Zoo! Snow Camel Drink Specials and Free Apps at the Bar until 7 pm!
Lehigh Valley Underground Music Schedule:
- 5 pm – EZ Money – (10 W. Fourth Street) – Performance from alternative rock Mitchell Kressge of the group Plum.
- 5pm – 7:30pm – Comfort Suites & The Hill to Hill Grille – (120 W. Third Street) – Performance from soft rock duo That’s What She Said.
- 6pm – 9pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (Fourth & New Streets) – Performance from rock artist Brian Kibler.
- 6:30pm – 7:15pm – The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street) – Performance from the Lehigh Valley Gay Man’s Chorus in the Crayola Gallery and Caroling throughout the building from 7:30pm – 9pm.
- 7pm – 9pm – The Funhouse – (5 E. Fourth Street) – Come on out and hear Bridges Apart Duo playing your favorite rock hits! From alternative to grunge you will hear it all. Featuring lead singers from Sister Salvation and Lakinis Rooster.
- 7pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – A Holiday Themed Performance from Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts Students!
- 7:30pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. Fourth Street) – Performance from “Most Outstanding Rock Band” Lehigh Valley Music Award Winner Roi and the Secret People.
- 9pm – SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. Third Street) – Performance from folk rock artist Tom Graham.
- 10pm – The Funhouse – (5 E. Fourth Street) – It’s that time of year again! Join The Groove Merchants as they bring you your yule-time dose of GROOVES! For the second year in a row, they’ll be joined by Trouble City All-Stars for a late-night super jam that you don’t want to miss! 21+. $4 Cover.
Other First Friday happenings and specials include:
- A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Hello, Good Buy! Stop in, shop around and take advantage of our Holiday savings on all hair care and Styling Must haves! ……Buy 2 get 1 Free!
- The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street #300) –
FREE ART ACTIVITES – KID FRIENDLY
- Kid Art Scavenger Hunt- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom. Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Mexican Star Paper Ornament craft with Teaching Artists Kristen Sauers & Lauren Beck, 6PM-9PM, Visual Arts Classroom
- 8th Annual InVision Juried Exhibition – Crayola Gallery
- InVision College Photography Competition – Hallway to the Arts
- Carol Guzy: Puerto Rico ¡Adelante! – Banko Gallery
- Sharon Bartmann and Gillian Pokalo: The Past is Present: Visions of Bethlehem Steel – Alvin H. Butz Gallery
- Fall ArtSmart Student Exhibition, Gallery 104 and Digital Classroom
POP-UP HOLIDAY MARKET – Banko Gallery and First Floor, 6pm – 9pm
Shop small at the Banana at our December Pop-Up Holiday Market! Look through many great handmade items for the holidays from local vendors. Don’t forget to stop by our second and third floor resident artist studios as well for additional fine art holiday shopping! Vendors include:
- Mat Lou Crafts (https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MatLouCraft)
- Letteredgem ( https://www.etsy.com/shop/letteredgem )
- L2 Creations ( http://www.l2creationsjewelry.com/ )
- Mallory Makes ( https://www.mallorymakes.com/ )
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – First Friday HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID.
- The Bookstore Speakeasy – (336 Adams Street) – $2 Off our Signature Fall Hot Amaro Cider (Stroh Jagertee, Amaro Montenegro, House Hot Cider) This hot cocktail showcases the warm flavors of fall. Jagertee, an Austrian spiced rum, enhances the autumnal palate while the Amaro and maple syrup, complement our house made mulled cider.
- Carlo’s Bakery – (77 Sands Blvd. #149) – Bring in the holidays with sweet treats from Carlo’s Bakery Bethlehem!
Buy any in-store holiday cake & receive a FREE reusable tote bag! *While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or promotion.*
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. Third Street) – Merry First Friday! BYOB this evening and painting! Bring your friends and get in the holiday spirit. Walk-in pottery painting – choose from our entire inventory (20% off marked price + $9 Studio Fee) OR $10 Make & Take Ceramic Ornaments! Wear an ugly holiday sweater and get a FREE Studio Fee card for your next visit!
- Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – Join us for a Holiday Filled evening! Speak with a Moravian Archives Expert from 6pm-9pm to discuss the history of Moravian Stars and why they are so popular in Bethlehem.
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. Fourth Street) – Merry Christmas!! Stuff those stockings with 30% any item in the shop!
- Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – Enjoy our exhibit: “Storms Over the Farmlands Pennsylvania”, by photographer Calvin Finley. A reception for the artist will be held on First Friday 12/07/2018 from 6-9 pm. “Stronger Than Steel” author Jeff Parks will be here for a book signing. Members of the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts Guitar Studio will be performing classical selections and more.
- General Zapata – (15 E. 4th Street) – 1 FREE dessert per table with the purchase of any combination platter.
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E. Third Street) – FREE FIRST FRIDAY OPENING RECEPTION – 6:00-8:00 PM in the Corpora Gallery – Winter Student Art Exhibit.
- Roasted – (22 W. Fourth Street) – The Grand Opening of VegOut– a 100% Vegan restaurant! VegOut is a separate entity operated within Roasted! Join us as we celebrate the opening on First Friday December 7th at 5pm! VegOut will be open Friday – Sunday from 5pm – 9pm!
- Sagra Beans (306 South New Street) – Java Junkies Rejoice! And Welcome our latest roastery to the SouthSide – Sagra Beans. Open until 10pm this First Friday and every Friday! Come enjoy a hot cup of joe and delicious pastry while gazing at the new SouthSide Christmas Tree on New!
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem – (77 Sands Blvd.) – Molten Lounge will feature Gypsy Wisdom with DJ MC Tom Taylor beginning at 7:30pm
- Social Still – (530 E. Third Street) – Receive a complimentary spirit sample & 15% off any bottle purchase 4-8pm. Complementing our regular Friday specials: $6 bartender’s choice cocktail and $5 cones of fries 4-6pm. Also featuring seasonal menu items and cocktails!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. Third Street) – First Friday Happy Hour specials from 3pm – 6pm – half price small plates, $4 craft drafts, $3 domestic drafts, $4 house wines, $6 premium wines, and $6 feature cocktails.
- Touchstone Theatre Presents – Christmas City Follies XIX – (321 E. Fourth Street) – For over twenty years (don’t let the numbering fool you!), Touchstone’s holiday tradition has been singing, dancing, laughing, and cartwheeling its way into the hearts of our audiences. This one-of-a-kind vaudevillian sendup of the Christmas season in the Christmas City is sprinkled with absurdity, original music, love, joy, and shopping carts. Get your tickets early, and meet us under the mistletoe! We’ll be there with bells on.
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor The Comfort Suites Bethlehem,
as well as our community partners Lehigh Valley Underground and Banko Beverage!
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street.