- This event has passed.
First Friday February 2021 – Love is in the Air
February 5 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Love is in the Air this February First Friday
Enjoy a Hot Cocoa Crawl & Get Your Valentine’s Day Shopping Done!
February First Friday marks the return of The Banana Factory, Valentine’s Day Shopping deals and a Hot Cocoa Crawl to keep folks warm while downtown!
The Banana Factory is finally open again – and we could not be more excited! The Banana Factory has always been a signature location for First Friday, providing great art activities for kids, amazing exhibitions and sneak peeks inside artist’s studios for guests. First Friday finally feels complete with them back in action. The event is free, but space is limited. All guests must wear masks at all times, and are asked to self-screen prior to arriving. For more information about The Banana Factory please visit:
First Friday guests can also look forward to pre-Valentine’s Day sales throughout SouthSide retailers, including Apotheca Boutique & Salon, Color Me Mine, Dinky’s Ice Cream Parlor & Grille, Eskandalo’s The Other Side, Lara Bly Designs, and Social Still. Get your sweetheart the perfect gift and support local while doing it! Those sales include:
- A-List Salon Spa – up to 50% products
- Color Me Mine – 15% of Mugs
- Dinky’s Ice Cream Parlor & Grille – Buy an Ice Cream Sundae & Get One 50% Off
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – 10% in-store purchases
- The Flying V – Baked Goods Sale
- Lara Bly Designs – 20% off all accessories
- Social Still – Valentine’s To-Go Kits on Sale Now – includes dinner and dessert, as well as a cocktail! We are also offering 10% off any one spirit bottle from our shop.
- And more…
And what’s Valentine’s Day without a little bit of chocolate? Stay warm downtown with our first ever Hot Cocoa Crawl featuring hot chocolates from the following merchants:
- Dinky’s Ice Cream Parlor & Grille – 12 oz with Whip Cream for $2
- Lara Bly Designs – Free
- Playa Bowls – Organic, Vegan Hot Chocolate for $1
- Social Still – Adult hot chocolate, available for purchase to anyone dining.
- Randy’s Pizzeria – Free
- Roasted – Free
- Venture X – Free
And lastly – a new focus to First Friday in 2021 is giving back to our community and those in need. This First Friday, the SouthSide Art District will be hosting a collection drive for the Bethlehem Emergency Shelter non-profit organization. The Bethlehem Emergency Sheltering organization provides warming stations for the homeless during the harsh winter months. On First Friday February 5th, the SouthSide Arts District will be collecting the following items:
Cases of water, eggs, small fruit cups, nutrigrain bars, cheese/PB crackers, small snack-sized bags of chips/pretzels, and paperback books.
If you would like to donate, please drop off your items that evening at the SouthSide Arts District main office located at 324 S. New Street from 5pm – 8pm, and you’ll receive a SouthSide Arts District t-shirt as a thank you!
If you have any questions please reach out to Missy Hartney, our downtown manager at firstname.lastname@example.org