- This event has passed.
First Friday November – A Christmas City Sneak Peek!
November 1, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
This First Friday November we welcome the start of Christmas in the Christmas City with a sneak peek of holiday goodies across the Arts District. Stop by Domaci, located at 21 E. 3rd Street for a preview of their Christmas City Shoppe! Or bring your friends for your very own Paint & Sip at (BYOB) Color Me Mine, at 25 E. 3rd Street and get a head start on adding a custom Christmas décor to your home! Or head Downtown for some specialty Holiday Themed cocktails at Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub, SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille and more!
Then, hit up your favorite SouthSide eateries, bars, and shops for our third edition of the FIRST FRIDAY SCAVENGER HUNT. Maps can be picked up starting at 11am at the SouthSide Arts District main office located at 324 S. New Street. Turn in your completed hunt by 10pm and be entered to win a $100 gift card!
While on the hunt, take in the sounds of the Voice of the Valley Concert Series – showcasing musical acts across the District, or enjoy our evening specials and art exhibit openings – including the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts and Fox Optical! Join us this Friday and get a head start on the Christmas Spirit!
First Friday November Music Schedule:
5pm-6:30pm – EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – Live Music from Emily Noel
5:30pm – 7pm – Hill to Hill Grille at the Comfort Suites – (120 W. 3rd St) – Performance from Mark Hannig
5:30pm – 7:30pm – Revel Social – (213 Broadway) – Live Music from Classic Rock Musician Carter Lansing
6pm–8pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Streets) – Live Music from rock musician Brian Kibler
6:15pm – 7:15pm – Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Performance from Colin Wolf / SRG Duo
7pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Anni Powell
7:30pm – Wind Creek Bethlehem / Molten Lounge – (77 Wind Creek Boulevard) – Performance from Sunrise w/ DJ MC Tom Taylor!
8pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – Performance from Folk Musicians The End of America & Wylder
9pm – 12am – SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Snow Betz
10pm – 2am – The Funhouse – (5 E 4th St) – Jordan Ramirez and The Tribe, GSGA DJ
First Friday November Scavenger Hunt:
This is brand new at First Friday! Be sure to pick up your map to the fun at the SouthSide Arts District’s main office located at 324 S. New Street. Visit ANY FIVE locations, and get your map stamped at each place. Turn in your map to the Main Office by 9pm for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
- A-List Salon Spa – (128 W. 4th St) – Complimentary Travel Size Shampoo & Conditioner with the purchase of any regular Service! Get on the list! A-List Salon!
- Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Complete the free arts & crafts activity for all ages. When you arrive, ask the front desk where the arts & crafts room is located. Once there complete the craft and then have your instructor mark your map as complete! Time of activity is from 6pm – 9pm.
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor St) – Ask the bartender for your free Bonn Place sticker or button! Participants must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE! Once collected, have the bartender mark your map!
- Café the Lodge – (427 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Cup of our Homemade soup of the day!! In house only, and while supplies last! Show your server your map to claim your prize. Don’t forget to have it stamped!
- CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, learn about the benefits of CBD Oil, try free samples & enjoy free drinks at CBD American Shaman!
- The Colony Meadery – (211 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Sticker – No Purchase Necessary! And 1 Complimentary Glass with any $10 Purchase!! Give your map to your server to have it marked appropriately! Must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE!
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. 3rd St) – FREE Studio Session Card!
- Cutters Bike Shop – (418 E. 3rd St) – All day from 11am – 7pm!! Stop in to schedule your fall tune up and take $10 off the regular tune up price of $70!
- Danielle’s Cafeteria – (738 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Corn Muffin, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! Or a Free Small Side with any full meal purchase! Show your map to your server to claim your prize.
- Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or beer and treats!! Show your map to Derrick, Warren or Megan to have it marked appropriately!
- Edible Arrangements – (11 E. 3rd St) – Pick up your free sample tasting of chocolate dipped strawberries, banana bites or apple! Make sure to have your map stamped before you go!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Bracelet, NO PURCHASE NECCESSARY!! Be sure to show Carolyn or Benney your map to have it marked for Eva’s Bargain!
- EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – 1 Free DVD!!! Present your map to the cashier to claim your prize and have your map signed!
- Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – 1 . Free cup of coffee or tea from 7:00pm – 7:30pm and a BOGO Coupon! Present your map to the server behind the front of house bar to claim your prize, and have your map marked!
- Lara Bly Designs – (321 S. New St) – Claim your FREE 15% Discount on any purchase that First Friday Evening!
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E. 3rd St) – Claim your FREE Fuzzy Pen in our Corpora Art Gallery from 6pm – 8pm!
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – FREE Appetizers at the Bar from 5pm – 7pm, show your map to the bartender to have it signed!
- Roasted – (22 W. 4th St) – Claim your FREE Roasted Coupon & Candy!!
- Social Still – (530 E. 3rd Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm. Must be 21 to claim this prize!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Pint Glass with a purchase of a beer!! Must be 21 to claim this prize, while supplies last! Present your map to your server to claim your prize, and don’t forget to have it stamped!
- SouthSide Lofts – (435 Hayes St) – Free Tote Bag!
- Zest bar+grille – (The Rooftop at 306 S. New St) – Claim your complimentary fall cocktail sample at the bar!! Must be 21 to claim your prize, while supplies last and don’t forget to get your map stamped!
First Friday November Art Scene:
Banana Factory – (25 W 3rd St) – The InVision First Friday at the Banana Factory Arts Center is the largest open house of the year! Individuals and families can create artwork using photo transfers, view hot glass demos, listen to artist talks and more. Three new exhibitions will be on view, and Banana Factory Resident Artists will highlight how they use photography as a resource or as source material in their work.
InVision is a month-long celebration each November showcasing all thing photography as well as photo-based arts, with presentations from renowned artists, workshops, demonstrations, exhibitions, photo walks, and panel discussions. Be sure to check out our 2019 line up!
– Hot Glass Demonstration – 7-9PM, Hot Glass Studio
– FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom. Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
– FREE Kid’s Craft, Photo Transfers and Rock Photo Holder with Natalie Hartman, 6PM-9PM, Visual Arts Classroom
– Artist Talk with Resident Artist Judy Reinford, Banko Gallery, 6:30PM
– Peer to Peer Feedback, Digital Arts Classroom, 6:30PM-8PM
– Awards Ceremony for InVision Juried Photo-Based Art Exhibition & InVision College Exhibition, Crayola Gallery, 8PM
– Mary Ellen Matthews: Live From New York! SNL Portraits, Alvin H. Butz Gallery
– 9th Annual InVision Juried Photo-Based Art Exhibition, Crayola Gallery
– InVision College Competition, Hallway to the Arts
– James M Collins: Patio Life, Banko Gallery
Featured Resident Artist Photographers from the Banana Factory Arts Center:
– Olaf Starorypinkski- Studio 233
– Bruce Ward- Studio 350
– Judy Reinford- Studio 243
Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – From 11/01/2019 – 11/30/2019 “Marla Burke’s Latest Work”. Photography and sculpted photos by Marla Burke. A reception for the artist will be held on First Friday 11/01/2019 from 6-9 pm.
Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E 3rd St) – ART EXHIBIT: “Ilene’s Woods” Part of the InVision Photography Festival, November 1-December 13, 2019 / Corpora Gallery. FREE OPENING RECEPTION: November 1, 2019, 6-8 PM. “Ilene’s Woods” is a series of collaborative photographs by Ilene Wood, Thomas Shillea and Ray Starner. The suite of evocative images explore the immediacy of technology and point of view, and challenge the conventional understanding of what ‘makes a photograph’ and who is ‘the photographer’. Another public reception will be held on Friday, December 6, 2019, as part of South Bethlehem’s First Friday Celebration.
Private viewings are available by appointment. Contact Lorie Reinhard at email@example.com.
First Friday November Deals:
A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Buy more Save more at A-List Salon! Save up to 25% on all your haircare and styling products! Enjoy a full Highlight, or Balayage Service and receive a free Travel bag and take-home treatment
Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fill up your Musikfest Mug here!
Café the Lodge – (427 E 4th St) – All Burgers $7.45, including specialty burgers!! In house only, while supplies last!
CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, learn about the benefits of CBD Oil, try free samples & enjoy free drinks at CBD American Shaman
Color Me Me – (25 E. 3rd St) – Enjoy 20% off our Christmas Bisque!! One day only! And remember – we’re a BYOB! Come to Sip & Paint!
Domaci – (21 E 3rd St) – Join us for the launch of our Christmas City Shoppe, featuring our 2019 collection of holiday décor! Enjoy shopping, live music, complimentary refreshments and more!
Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – Happy HOURS! Join us from 5pm – 7pm for FREE Appetizers at the Bar, $4 Irish Drafts, Music from Brian Kibler, and stay for DJ Chubby from 10pm – 2am.
Revel Social – (217 Broadway) – Happy First Friday Happy Hour from 5:30pm – 7:30pm including – Appetizers: $5 House Made Meatballs, Spinach Dip Artichoke, Pork Pinchos, Teriyaki Buffalo Chicken wings, or Quesadilla or $2 Tacos. Cocktail and Bar Specials: Mojitos $5, Margaritas $5, Caipirinha $5, Sangria, glass $5, Sangria, Pitcher $18, Svedka Martini $5, Classic Cocktails $5, All Draft Beer $2 off
SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E 3rd St) – First Friday Happy Hour Drink Specials from 3pm – 6pm, ½ Price Small Plates, $4 Craft Drafts, $3 Domestic Drafts, $4 House Wines, $6 Premium Wines, $6 Feature Cocktails, Live Music from 9pm – 12pm.
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor ArtsQuest, The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, Lehigh University & Voices of the Valley.
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street!