- This event has passed.
First Friday October – All the Fall Feels
October 5, 2018
All the Fall Feels this First Friday October 5th
A chill is in the air and Fall has arrived on the SouthSide. Join us First Friday October 5th for Autumn themed drink and dinner specials, free activities for the kids, and a fresh new line up of deals and music from Lehigh Valley Underground.
This month we say goodbye to the Banko Beverage Beer Garden, and hello to cozy indoor venues! But don’t get too comfortable – each location this month has a fun and fall themed offer sure get your feet moving down 3rd & 4th Streets. So get your boots and your Autumn vests on – it’s a Fall First Friday in the SouthSide.
Lehigh Valley Underground Music Line Up:
- 5pm – 6pm – EZ Money – (10 W. Fourth Street) – Performance from Hip Hop artist NyteXing.
- 6pm – 7:30pm – Comfort Suites & The Hill to Hill Grille – (120 W. Third Street) – Performance from pop/rock songtress Chelsea Lyn Meyer.
- 6pm – 9pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (Fourth & New Streets) – Performance from American Idol contestant and rocker Jordan White.
- 7pm – 8:30pm – The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street) – Performance from acoustic rock artist Anni Powell.
- 7pm – 9pm – The Funhouse – (5 E. Fourth Street) – Performance from folk rock singer Ralph Pagano.
- 7:30pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – Performance from classic rock singer Peaschee.
- 7:30pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. Fourth Street) – Performance from rock Irish group RamTrout.
- 10:30pm – The Funhouse – (5 E. Fourth Street) – Performance from funk rock group Meet the Mayor.
Other First Friday happenings and specials include:
- A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Hello, Good Buy! Stop in, shop around and take advantage of our Back to School savings on all hair care and Styling Must haves! ……Buy 2 get 1 Free!
- The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street #300)
- DIY Owl Craft with Teaching Artist Amanda Seanor, 6PM-9PM, Visual Arts Classroom
- FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom. Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Artist talk with Artist Collective Member Anna Capaldi, 6:30PM, Banko Gallery
- Community Mural Painting at the LGBT Youth Drop in Center, Studio 102, 6PM-8PM
- Andrew Catanese, The Good Men of Hell – Banko Gallery
- Banana Factory Resident Artist Exhibition – Crayola Gallery
- ArtsQuest Staff & Teaching Artist Exhibition – Hallway to the Arts
- Vendors/Community Partners:
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – First Friday HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fall Favorites include the Nattmara (Maple Spruce Black Lager 7.5%), In Rude Health (Brown Porter 5.6%) and if you’re lucky Bonntoberfest, a Cask Ale Conditioned with Pumpkin Spice and Hazelnuts.
- The Bookstore Speakeasy – (336 Adams Street) – $2 Off All Seasonal Cocktails!
- Café The Lodge – (427 E. Fourth Street) – Stop by Cafe the Lodge to view Art work for sale by various artists in our dining area, featuring artwork by Angela Lender in the Cappuccino Room. Angela has always had a passion for music, art, and poetry. Angela notes that painting has been the most therapeutic form of wellness in her recovery. Painting allows Angela to create a world of peace and love, each color and painting tells a story of her healing.
- Carlo’s Bakery – (77 Sands Boulevard #149) – Visit Carlo’s Bakery for a sweet treat and receive 15% off your total in store purchase when you mention “First Friday’s!” Try our new fall menu items and beverages! Warm up with apple cider and a slice of pumpkin cake! Proudly serving up Carlo’s classic pastries “Hoboken Style, Baby!”
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. Third Street) – 20% Off all Beer Steins & Wine Glasses!
- Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – First Friday Photo exhibition featuring John DelGrosso, live music by Peaschee and the final weekend of our Semi-Annual Dining Sale! Special Win Tasting with Franklin Hill Vineyard’s Potion X & Apple Cider!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. Fourth Street) – FALL in Love with First Friday! Buy 1 Get 1 Free on ANY Earring Sets
- EZ Money – (20 W. Fourth Street) –20% off fun gifts! And free refreshments!
- Fab Lab at NCC – (511 E. Third Street) – Join the Fab Lab for First Friday as Michael Brolly performs in the new Fab Lab Coffeehouse! Michael Brolly is a woodturning artist who has exhibited internationally over the course of his artistic career. This exhibit highlights his distinctive woodturning style and his unique combination of diverse sculpture materials, such as wood, glass, metal and repurposed material. Open to the public.
- Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – Enjoy our exhibit: “Acrylic Midnight: Night Works” by Emily Bell. Acrylic Midnight is a collection of acrylic paintings, featuring animals and mystical creatures in curious surroundings, playfully rendered in bold colors. A reception for the artist will be held on First Friday 10/05/2018 from 6-9 pm.
- General Zapata – (15 E. 4th Street) – 1 FREE dessert per table with the purchase of any combination platter.
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E. Third Street) – Exhibit: The Art of Victor Stabin; The Corpora Gallery at the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts, 321 East 3rd Street, Bethlehem. First Friday receptions open to the public. The exhibit is on display until October 25th and can also be viewed by appointment by calling 610-868-2971. More information about the artist: http://www.victorstabin.com/
- Piercings By Angi – (407 E. Fourth Street) – Breast Cancer Awareness Month Special – $25 nipples and $20 piercings.
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem – (77 Sands Blvd.) – Molten Lounge will feature Gypsy Wisdom with DJ MC Tom Taylor beginning at 7:30pm. Drink Special in Molten include $4 16oz cans of Miller Lite, $2 off select Jameson products plus a chance to win Phlite Deck Tickets to an Eagles Home Game with text code. Event Center: Lord of the Dance at 8pm
- Social Still – (530 E. Third Street) – Enjoy the debut of our Fall menu and Fall cocktail menu! Returning to our Fall cocktail menu will be our “Hot Stuff” which features our Freakshow Straight Bourbon, Franklin Hill Vineyard’s Potion X & apple cider. It’s served warm and always a hit! Also sneak peek of a new Fall cocktail: “Granny, Are You Ok?” Apple Vanilla Vodka & Salted Caramel! Happy Fall!
- St. Luke’s University Health Network – (306 S. New Street) – 5pm – 7pmome out to our NEW location and Open House! Meet our providers and learn more about the services they offer at 306 South New Street! Refreshments & Giveaways! You won’t want to miss it!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. Third Street) – First Friday Happy Hour specials from 3pm – 6pm – half price small plates, $4 craft drafts, $3 domestic drafts, $4 house wines, $6 premium wines, and $6 feature cocktails.
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, as well as our community partners Lehigh Valley Underground and Banko Beverage!
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street: