- This event has passed.
First Friday October – Welcome FESTIVAL UNBOUND
October 4, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 11:59 pm
This First Friday October marks the opening of Touchstone Theatre’s Festival UnBound: a ten-day festival of original theatre, dance, music, art, and conversation, designed to celebrate and imagine Bethlehem’s future — through art — together. From October 4th to 13th, experience 20+ free and ticketed events on stages and school campuses, in parks and museums, at the library and the symphony.
Join us for First Friday October at 5:30pm at the intersection of New Street and the South Bethlehem Greenway for a celebratory processional filled with music, dance, and pageantry to kick off the Opening Ceremony! Then, hit up your favorite SouthSide eateries, bars, and shops for our second edition of the FIRST FRIDAY SCAVENGER HUNT. Maps can be picked up starting at 11am at the SouthSide Arts District main office located at 324 S. New Street.
While on the hunt, take in the sounds of the Voice of the Valley Concert Series – showcasing musical acts across the District, or enjoy our evening specials and art exhibit openings – including the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts before heading to their auditorium for the UnBound Festival premiere of Prometheus/Redux at 8pm! And before you go, be sure to stop in at Touchstone Theatre for their Cabaret from 8pm – midnight to close out your evening!
First Friday October Music Schedule:
5pm-6:30pm – EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – Live Music from Plum
5:30pm – 7pm – Hill to Hill Grille at the Comfort Suites – (120 W. 3rd St) – Performance from Jeremiah Williams
5:30pm – 7:30pm – Revel Social – (213 Broadway) – Live Music from Classic Rock Musician Doug Kaetz
6pm–8pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Streets) – Live Music from rock musician Brian Kibler
6:15pm – 7:15pm – Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Performance from Jeni Englund
7pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Glenwood
7pm – Wind Creek Molten Lounge – (77 Wind Creek Blvd) – Shorty Long & The Jersey Horns w/ DJ MC Tom Taylor
8pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – Performance from Folk Musicians Hipster Assassins
First Friday October Scavenger Hunt:
This is brand new at First Friday! Be sure to pick up your map to the fun at the SouthSide Arts District’s main office located at 324 S. New Street. Visit ANY FIVE locations, and get your map stamped at each place. Turn in your map to the Main Office by 9pm for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
- A-List Salon Spa – (128 W. 4th St) – Complimentary Travel Size Shampoo & Conditioner with the purchase of any regular Service! Get on the list! A-List Salon!
- Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Complete the free arts & crafts activity for all ages. When you arrive, ask the front desk where the arts & crafts room is located. Once there complete the craft and then have your instructor mark your map as complete! Time of activity is from 6pm – 9pm.
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor St) – Ask the bartender for your free Bonn Place sticker or button! Participants must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE! Once collected, have the bartender mark your map!
- Café the Lodge – (427 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Cup of our Homemade soup of the day!! In house only, and while supplies last! Show your server your map to claim your prize. Don’t forget to have it stamped!
- CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, try free samples and learn about the benefits of CBD Oil!
- The Colony Meadery – (211 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Sticker – No Purchase Necessary! And 1 Complimentary Glass with any $10 Purchase!! Give your map to your server to have it marked appropriately! Must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE!
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. 3rd St) – FREE Studio Session Card!
- Danielle’s Cafeteria – (738 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Corn Muffin, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! Or a Free Small Side with any full meal purchase! Show your map to your server to claim your prize.
- Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or beer and treats!! Show your map to Derrick, Warren or Megan to have it marked appropriately!
- Edible Arrangements – (11 E. 3rd St) – Pick up your free sample tasting of chocolate dipped strawberries, banana bites or apple! Make sure to have your map stamped before you go!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Bracelet, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!! Be sure to show Carolyn or Benney your map to have it marked for Eva’s Bargain!
- EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – 1 Free DVD!!! Present your map to the cashier to claim your prize and have your map signed!
- Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – 1 Free cup of coffee or tea from 6:30pm – 7:30pm. Present your map to the server behind the front of house bar to claim your prize, and have your map marked!
- Lara Bly Designs – (321 S. New St) – Claim your FREE 15% Discount on any purchase that First Friday Evening!
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E. 3rd St) – Claim your FREE Fuzzy Pen in our Corpora Art Gallery from 6pm – 8pm!
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – FREE Appetizers at the Bar from 5pm – 7pm, show your map to the bartender to have it signed!
- Our Spot Marketplace & Deli – (7 W. 4th St) – Free Buffalo Dip & Chips, while supplies last!! Show your server your map to claim your prize!
- Roasted – (22 W. 4th St) – Claim your FREE Roasted Coupon & Candy!!
- Social Still – (530 E. 3rd Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm. Must be 21 to claim this prize!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. 3rd St) – 1 Free Pint Glass with a purchase of a beer!! Must be 21 to claim this prize, while supplies last! Present your map to your server to claim your prize, and don’t forget to have it stamped!
- Zest bar+grille – (The Rooftop at 306 S. New St) – Claim your complimentary fall cocktail sample at the bar!! Must be 21 to claim your prize, while supplies last and don’t forget to get your map stamped!
First Friday October Art Scene:
Banana Factory – (25 W 3rd St)
-Hot Glass Demonstration – 7:00pm, Hot Glass Studio
-FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom. Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
-FREE Kid’s Craft, Colorful Bats with Teaching Artist Alle Metz, 6PM-9PM, Visual Arts Classroom
-Exhibitions: Featured Resident Artists from the Banana Factory Arts Center: Anthony Smith, Studio 245
Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – Drawings in pastel and charcoal by Lori Frohnheiser. A reception for the artist will be held on First Friday from 6-9 pm.
Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – (321 E 3rd St) – Art Exhibit Reception “Myron Barnstone: Master Student, Teacher and Artist” from 6-8 PM in the Corpora Gallery! This reception is free and open to the public!
Touchstone Theatre FESTIVAL UNBOUND – (321 E. 4th St) – Opening Night of Festival UnBound: a ten-day festival of original theatre, dance, music, art, and conversation, designed to celebrate and imagine Bethlehem’s future — through art — together. This evenings schedule includes:
-5:30pm (New Street and the South Bethlehem Greenway) – Opening Ceremony
-8pm – (Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – 321 E. 3rd St) – Premiere of Prometheus/Redux
-8pm – 12am (Touchstone Theatre – 321 E. 4th St) – Cabaret
First Friday October Deals:
A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Buy more Save more at A-List Salon! Save up to 25% on all your haircare and styling products! Enjoy a full Highlight, or Balayage Service and receive a free Travel bag and take-home treatment
Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fill up your Musikfest Mug here!
Café the Lodge – (427 E 4th St) – All Burgers $7.45, including specialty burgers!! In house only, while supplies last!
CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – Meet the owners, try free samples and learn about the benefits of CBD Oil!
Domaci – (21 E 3rd St) – Join us as we debut our exclusive 2019 ornament: “Martin Tower 1972-2019”. A portion of ornament proceeds will benefit New Bethany Ministries, as well as 10% of all sales made during First Friday! Don’t miss live music, complimentary beer and wine, great shopping and wonderful networking! Also – join Derrick Clark, Realtor for a Find + Furnish First Friday. Visit with local real estate experts to get tips on shopping for your new home and information for those looking to sell. Looking to furnish your home? Chat with a Domaci designer to learn how we can turn your space into a sanctuary!
Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – Happy HOURS! Join us from 5pm – 7pm for FREE Appetizers at the Bar, $4 Irish Drafts, Music from Brian Kibler, and stay for DJ Chubby from 10pm – 2am.
Revel Social – (217 Broadway) – Happy First Friday Happy Hour from 5:30pm – 7:30pm including – Appetizers: $5 House Made Meatballs, Spinach Dip Artichoke, Pork Pinchos, Teriyaki Buffalo Chicken wings, or Quesadilla or $2 Tacos. Cocktail and Bar Specials: Mojitos $5, Margaritas $5, Caipirinha $5, Sangria, glass $5, Sangria, Pitcher $18, Svedka Martini $5, Classic Cocktails $5, All Draft Beer $2 off
SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E 3rd St) – First Friday Happy Hour Drink Specials from 3pm – 6pm, ½ Price Small Plates, $4 Craft Drafts, $3 Domestic Drafts, $4 House Wines, $6 Premium Wines, $6 Feature Cocktails, Live Music from 9pm – 12pm.
First Friday October Special Thanks:
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor ArtsQuest, The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, Lehigh University & Voices of the Valley.
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street.