- This event has passed.
First Friday September – Scavenger Hunt
September 6 @ 5:00 pm - 11:59 pm
First Friday September Welcome CBD American Shaman
& First Friday Scavenger Hunt to FREE FUN
This First Friday we welcome the opening of CBD American Shaman, located at 9 E. 3rd Street. Owner, Laura Penske welcomes you to her beautiful shop, offering FREE SAMPLES to help you find the right products to relieve muscle pain, stress and improve your overall health!
We also welcome our new FIRST FRIDAY SCAVENGER HUNT! Scavenger Hunt Maps can be picked up at the SouthSide Arts District’s main office, located at 324 S. New Street on First Friday starting at 5pm! Each location listed will be offering guests FREE goodies! Visit any five locations and get your map stamped for a chance to win a $100 gift card to the SouthSide Arts District.
Along the way hear the sounds of the Voices of the Valley Concert Series – showcasing 11 musical acts across the District, stop by our shops and restaurants serving up fantastic specials all evening long, or take in our new art exhibit openings – including the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts. You may even catch a sneak peak of Touchstone Theatre’s FESTIVAL UNBOUND Umbrella Brigade parading the 3rd & 4th Streets! It’s all happening, First Friday September 6th in Downtown SouthSide!
First Friday September Music Schedule:
5pm-6:30pm – EZ Money – (20 W. 4th St) – Live Music from Bill McConney
5:30pm – 7pm – Hill to Hill Grille at the Comfort Suites – (120 W. 3rd St) – Performance from Ash and Snow
5:30pm – 7:30pm – Revel Social – (213 Broadway) – Live Music from Classic Rock Musician Not For Coltrane
6pm – 8pm – The Funhouse – (5 E. 4th St) – Live Performance from Matt Juknevic
6pm–8pm – Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Streets) – Live Music from rock musician Brian Kibler
6:30pm – Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Performance from Dina Hall
7:30pm – Godfrey Daniels – (7 E. 4th St) – Performance from Folk Musicians The Vulcans
7:30pm – 9pm – Domaci – (21 E. 3rd St) – Live Music from Julie Williams
7:30pm – Wind Creek Molten Lounge – (77 Wind Creek Blvd) – M80 with DJ MC Tom Taylor
9pm – 12am – SouthSide 313 – (313 E. 3rd St) – Live music from Keystone
10pm – 1:30am – The Funhouse – (5 E. 4th St) – Live Performance from Banchi
12am – Wind Creek Molten Lounge – (77 Wind Creek Blvd) – Special Midnight Show with Ritchie Ramone of The Ramones
First Friday September Freebie Scavenger Hunt:
This is brand new at First Friday! Be sure to pick up your map to the fun at the SouthSide Arts District’s main office located at 324 S. New Street. Visit ANY FIVE locations, and get your map stamped at each place. At the end of the evening turn your map into the Main Office by 10 pm for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
- A-List Salon Spa – (128 W. 4th St) – Pick up your complimentary travel size Shampoo & Conditioner with a purchase of any regular service! Get on the list! A-List Salon!
- Banana Factory – (25 W. 3rd St #300) – Complete the free arts & crafts activity for all ages. When you arrive, ask the front desk where the arts & crafts room is located. Once there complete the craft and then have your instructor mark your map as complete! Time of activity is from 6pm – 9pm.
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor St) – Ask the bartender for your free Bonn Place sticker or button! Participants must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE! Once collected, have the bartender mark your map!
- Café the Lodge – (427 E 4th St) – 1 Free Cup of our Homemade soup of the day!! In house only, and while supplies last! Show your server your map to claim your prize. Don’t forget to have it stamped!
- The Colony Meadery – (211 E 3rd St) – 1 Free Glass with any $10 Purchase!! Give your map to your server to have it marked appropriately! Must be 21 to claim this FREEBIE!
- Color Me Mine – (25 E 3rd St) – Stop in and receive your FREE STUDIO Card to cover your studio fee that evening, or in the future! And don’t forget to have your map stamped!
- Danielle’s Cafeteria – (738 E 4th St) – 1 Free Corn Muffin, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! Or a Free Small Side with any full meal purchase! Show your map to your server to claim your prize.
- Domaci – (21 E 3rd St) – Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or beer and treats!! Show your map to Derrick, Warren or Megan to have it marked appropriately!
- Edible Arrangements – (11 E 3rd St) – Pick up you free sample tasting of chocolate dipped strawberry, apple and banana bites! Make sure to have your map stamped!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. 4th St) – 1 Free Bracelet, NO PURCHASE NECCESSARY!! Be sure to show Carolyn or Benney your map to have it marked for Eva’s Bargain!
- EZ Money – (20 W 4th St) – 1 Free DVD!!! Present your map to the cashier to claim your prize and have your map signed!
- Godfrey Daniels – (7 E 4th St) – Pick up your free postcard with our upcoming schedule to claim a discounted ticket to a future show!
- Lara Bly Designs – (321 S. New St) – Claim your FREE 15% Discount on any purchase that First Friday Evening!
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – FREE Appetizers at the Bar from 5pm – 7pm, show your map to the bartender to have it signed!
- Our Spot Marketplace & Deli – (7 W 4th St) – Free Buffalo Dip & Chips, while supplies last!! Show your server your map to claim your prize!
- Social Still – (530 E. 3rd Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm. Must be 21 to claim this prize!
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E 3rd St) – 1 Free Pint Glass with a purchase of a beer!! Must be 21 to claim this prize, while supplies last! Present your map to your server to claim your prize, and don’t forget to have it stamped!
- SouthSide Lofts – (435 Hayes St) – Pick up ANY Housing Development Corporation logo’d item!! Enter the SouthSide lofts gallery and present your map to claim your prize!
First Friday September Art Scene:
Banana Factory – (25 W 3rd St)
- Hot Glass Demonstration – Hot Glass Studio, 7 p.m.
- Reception and Artist Talk with Curlee Raven Holton, featured in the A COLLABORATION OF CREATIVTY exhibition – Banko Gallery, 6:30 p.m.
- FREE Kid’s Craft with Teaching Artist Katrina Heebner, Cross-Stitch Animals – Visual Arts Classroom, 6-9 p.m.
- FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt – Visual Arts Classroom, 6-8 p.m.
Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Live Music with Dina Hall – Crayola Gallery
- NEW! First Friday Wine’d Down Workshop: Marbled Journals with Teaching Artist Natalie Hartman – Studio 102, 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- 2019 Banana Factory Resident Artists Buyers’ Market Studio Sale – Friday, Sept. 6th, 6-9 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 7th 1-5 p.m.
17+ Banana Factory Resident artists will be hosting a buyers’ market studio sale. Visit the artists in their studios and buy direct during this cash and carry event. Artwork highlighted at this event will be $300 or less. Paintings, drawings, prints, jewelry, ceramics, textiles, mosaics, and sculptures will be available. Higher priced items will be available as well, payment options will be determined by the artist.
- Emerging Artist in Residence Derek Reynoso, exhibition and studio sale in studio 104, 6-9 p.m.
First Friday September Exhibitions:
- OPENING! Resident Artist Annual Exhibition, Crayola Gallery
- OPENING! A Collaboration of Creativity: David C. Driskell & Curlee Raven Holton, Banko Gallery
- OPENING! Derek Reynoso: Emerging Artist in Residency Exhibition & Studio Sale, Studio 104
- OPENING! Celestial Bodies: Laura Bigger, Hallway to the Arts
- What is a Lemon? Installation by Martha Rich, Capital BlueCross Creativity Commons, ArtsQuest Center
- 2019 ArtPOP Billboard Winners Exhibition, Alvin H Butz Gallery, ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks
- Featured Resident Artists from the Banana Factory Arts Center:
Melissa Perhamus, Studio 218 and Erin Anderson, Studio 347
Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – Drawings in pastel and charcoal by Lori Frohnheiser. An opening reception for the artist will be held on First Friday from 6-9 pm.
Touchstone Theatre FESTIVAL UNBOUND Sneak Preview – A sneak preview of the Umbrella Brigade – part of Touchstone’s FESTIVAL UNBOUND.
Starting at the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts (321 E 3rd St) at 7pm and touring up 3rd Street to 4th Street and ending at Touchstone Theatre. Be on the hunt for this sneak preview of swords, brass musicians and of course UMBRELLAS!
A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Buy more Save more at A-List Salon! Save up to 25% on all your haircare and styling products! Enjoy a full Highlight, or Balayage Service and receive a free Travel bag and take-home treatment
Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID. Fill up your Musikfest Mug here!
Café the Lodge – (427 E 4th St) – All Burgers $7.45, including specialty burgers!! In house only, while supplies last!
CBD American Shaman – (9 E 3rd St) – GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION!! Meet the owners, try free samples and learn about the benefits of CBD Oil!
Color Me Mine – (25 E 3rd St) – Receive 20% off on our seasonal pieces!! And remember Color Me Mine is a BYOB – bring your friends and have your own Paint & Sip evening!
Domaci – (21 E 3rd St) – 1979 was an eventful year. From Sony’s introduction of the Walkman to the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island. Disco music blared from radios everywhere, as Donna Summer and the Bee Gees dominated the charts. And in small town Texas, a fabulous baby boy was born on September 6th. That boy would grow up to be Derrick Clark, Realtor, co-founder of Domaci! Join us on First Friday to celebrate him! He’s not getting old . . . he’s just vintage! We’ll have live music, free beer & wine, cake, a special birthday photo booth and more!
Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (4th & New Sts) – Happy HOURS! Join us from 5pm – 7pm for FREE Appetizers at the Bar, $4 Irish Drafts, Music from Brian Kibler, and stay for DJ Chubby from 10pm – 2am.
Revel Social – (217 Broadway) – Happy First Friday Happy Hour from 5:30pm – 7:30pm including – Appetizers: $5 House Made Meatballs, Spinach Dip Artichoke, Pork Pinchos, Teriyaki Buffalo Chicken wings, or Quesadilla or $2 Tacos. Cocktail and Bar Specials: Mojitos $5, Margaritas $5, Caipirinha $5, Sangria, glass $5, Sangria, Pitcher $18, Svedka Martini $5, Classic Cocktails $5, All Draft Beer $2 off
SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E 3rd St) – First Friday Happy Hour Drink Specials from 3pm – 6pm, ½ Price Small Plates, $4 Craft Drafts, $3 Domestic Drafts, $4 House Wines, $6 Premium Wines, $6 Feature Cocktails, Live Music from 9pm – 12pm.
September Special Thanks:
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsor ArtsQuest, The Comfort Suites Bethlehem, Lehigh University & Voices of the Valley.
Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with over 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street!